Get strategic investment and competitive intelligence beyond the order book.
The Maritime & Trade Fleet Capacity Forecast is an online tool that lets you envision the 10-year supply and demand outlook for up to 110 combinations of ship types and sizes. Whether you build, buy, sell, charter, insure, service or harbor ships, or trade in shipped commodities, the decisions you make can involve millions of dollars and should depend on the most reliable data and information. The Fleet Capacity Forecast integrates IHS Markit macroeconomic forecasts with proprietary maritime data and bespoke modeling to predict global fleet capacity – newbuildings, active fleet and retirements – with 95% accuracy.
Shipping industry professionals and commodity traders use the forecast to optimize their investment, planning and market positioning decisions, so they can:
- Determine which ships to invest in
- Anticipate future asset prices
- Uncover maritime market opportunities
- Align product development and sales decisions with demand
- Estimate the skills and resources needed for tomorrow's fleet
- Quantify the future market for downstream products
IHS Markit Senior Analyst Dalibor Gogic explains how the Fleet Capacity Forecast can show the impact of crude oil dynamics on global shipping