Plan for any scenario with sophisticated portfolio modeling capabilities
thinkFolio from IHS Markit is a cross-asset-class order management (OMS) and portfolio modelling system (PMS) with fixed-income investing at its core. The extensible platform enables fund managers to slice and dice portfolios according to any criteria, including credit quality, duration, sector and geographic overlays.
Fund managers use the platform’s sophisticated portfolio modeling capabilities to plan for how any scenario could impact their returns, from early repayments and rate shocks to changes in the shape of the yield curve.
- Specialized analytics – Use sophisticated native analytics to slice and dice portfolios, and perform benchmark comparisons, portfolio targeting, what-if scenarios and rate shocking analysis. Integrate proprietary and third-party analytics to complement these native capabilities
- Sophisticated modeling tools – Model the impact of different scenarios and decisions on portfolio structure and cash flows, simplify rebalances and put new capital to work easily. Use the sophisticated cash ladder to view future cash amounts across accounts, taking in bond and loan projected cash flows, redemptions, unsettled trades and other cash flows
- Ease of integration – Use thinkFolio’s flexible and extensible architecture to integrate with existing environments. The system can be deployed as a comprehensive cross-asset-class portfolio modeling and order management system or used to address specific capability gaps in incumbent systems.
- Reduced operational risk – Eliminate errors associated with manual processes, while enjoying many of the benefits of spreadsheets by using thinkFolio’s detailed and flexible approach to modeling
- Built-in compliance – Leverage an integrated compliance engine that enables you to perform pre- and post-trade checks to ensure compliance with customer guidelines, regulatory restrictions and in-house mandates