Independent valuations, strategy, analyses and comprehensive online financial and operational tools, to help you:
- Understand drivers of financial and operational performance to grow shareholder value
- Analyze regional plays, key players and resource potential via company play analysis (CPA)
- Conduct unbiased company assessments
- Receive an objective valuation of the world's leading publicly traded oil and gas companies
- Analyze the upstream strategy and performance of top E&P companies worldwide
- Benchmark performance among peer groups and individual companies
- Understand the impact of news and events on the energy industry
Obtain independent valuation of the resource potential of established and emerging oil and gas plays worldwide. Determine the valuation impact on companies involved in these plays, including detailed analysis of company well results, acreage positions, play economics, activity levels and financial strength. More than 70 global plays completed.
Find answers to critical questions:
- What is the outlook and upside of each play?
- Who are the dominant companies?
- Who is best positioned?
- What are the opportunities for entry?
Get timely analysis and insight into global energy M&A market transactions and trends, including upstream, midstream, downstream, oil field equipment/services, power, coal and alternative energy. Includes 24-hour access to a continuously updated M&A database of 40,000+ energy industry transactions over the past 20 years. Transactions are benchmarked against commodity prices and feature key M&A marketplace valuation metrics for all global regions. Leverage these resources to:
- Track deal activity, pricing and M&A spending trends worldwide and within regions, basins and asset types
- Receive independent valuations of current energy assets on the market
- Access third-party independent comparable deal metrics on a daily basis
- Receive independent valuation of M&A/divestiture transactions
- Expand your portfolio and value company candidates
- Discover business opportunities and mitigate risk
- Keep pace with major energy asset transactions, industry trends and developments
Get monthly, quarterly and annual delivery of forward-looking insights into the global upstream transaction market, including mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. Includes detailed analysis of independent valuations and key industry trends. Leverage 24-hour access to individual deal analysis on more than 40,000 energy industry transactions over the past 20 years (benchmarked against commodity prices with key M&A marketplace valuation metrics for all global regions), along with:
- Summary information and proprietary transaction valuation data/metrics
- Deal analysis, insights and key implications regarding all significant transactions worldwide
- Industry leading studies with historical/prospective valuation/trend analysis
- Access to IHS Markit analysts to discuss their research and insights
Significant Energy Assets on the Market (SEAM) Database on IHS Markit Connect
Energy has launched a new database tool that actively tracks all known energy assets on the market and independently values them in a transparent manner utilizing more than 40,000 comparable transactions from IHS Markit's M&A database dating back to 1988.
Assets on the Market database features include:
- Searchable and exportable database covering all global and regional locations and all resource segments, detailing valuations and full operational data including reserves, production and acreage.
- Source documents including offering memos, prospectuses and press releases.
- Full opportunity set currently totals approximately $150 billion.
- Contact information for sellers and advisors.
Click here for more information (PDF, 163 KB)