Track global seaborne coal market developments
Energy provides critical intelligence and analysis on the global seaborne coal market, including industry-leading proprietary benchmark markers that serve as the settlement price in 90% of the world's coal-derivative contracts. Use our global steam coal outlooks to 2040 – supported by proprietary scenario analysis – to discern future market risks and opportunities. Get production and consumption data for all major coal regions, daily and weekly coal price markers, and detailed import and export statistics for thermal, metallurgical and petroleum coal. Understand the dynamics that shape regional coal markets across Indonesia, Australia, South Africa, India, China, the United States and Russia.
From intra-day updates to long-term forecasts, all of your subscription content can now be accessed in one place through our online platform, IHS Markit ConnectTM, enabling your entire enterprise to:
- Find timely, accurate price reporting on the international coal industry
- Get critical analysis of the major coal-producing and consuming regions
- Quickly locate relevant imports, exports, production and consumption statistics
- Gain a nuanced understanding of what's driving the thermal, metallurgical and petroleum coal markets
- Enjoy a unique brand of intelligent journalism produce by a global team focused almost exclusively on the coal industry
Who uses Energy Coal Market News and Analysis?
- Coal producers and suppliers
- Utilities and power generators
- Commodity traders
- Banks and financial organizations
- Integrated oil and gas companies
- Transportation and logistics
- Governments and institutions
- Consumers – iron and steel, cement, chemical companies
- EPC companies
In key functions of:
- Strategic planning
- Exploration and production
- Market analysis
- Business development
Watch this short video to learn about the full suite of Energy coal capabilities.