A robust data management platform for participants in the maritime industry, including terminal operators, port authorities, beneficial cargo owners, vessel owners and operators, carriers, insurers and corporates
Access to actionable, trusted data is more critical than ever as industry participants look for new ways to drive growth, mitigate risk and adapt to ever-changing supply chain environments.
The increasing volume, variety and complexity of data (including bill of lading, ports, AIS, vessel, container and cargo data), and the use of spreadsheets, databases and siloed systems, make it difficult for companies to truly leverage data as an asset. As a workaround, many rely heavily on manual processes to merge and manage data sets across spreadsheets, vendor sources and home-grown databases. This increases operational risk and decreases response times.
EDM addresses these challenges by automatically synchronizing data across disparate data sources, applications and users within the organization. The flexible data management platform delivers five key capabilities:
- Rapid integration: transforming data for use in downstream systems and by users
- Data quality: applying robust, customizable business rules to ensure data quality and accuracy
- Aggregation and master data management: producing a centralized, single version of the truth across multiple disparate sources
- Workflow automation: automating the collection, normalization and uploading of data, combined with an intuitive UI layer for enhanced business user workflows and interaction
- Data storage and reporting: storing historical data and making it available for reporting
EDM integrates with any internal or external data source, application or file structure, and pulls disparate data types from multiple sources which are then matched in a central hub. It creates a consistent version of the truth in a traceable, audited environment.