Make informed decisions with a clear view of global cargo and marine risk
Do you need to factor risk into cargo transport or underwriting decisions?
Country Risk maintains two monthly updated watch lists: the Joint Cargo Committee's (JCC) Global Cargo Watch List for the Lloyd's Market Association, and the IHS Markit Global/Marine Offshore Watch List, both of which are made freely available. The JCC list monitors risks to cargo transported via air, land and sea. The Global/Marine Offshore list tracks those ports and offshore areas where war, terrorism, seizure and other risks are greatest. Risk managers and underwriters use these lists to:
- Determine optimal cargo transport method and route
- Inform underwriting decisions
- Distribute portfolio risk
- Identify, evaluate and mitigate emerging risks
- Safeguard physical safety of personnel