Economic Analytics provides detailed macroeconomic and financial indicators for more than 200 countries. It combines trusted local sources with a wide range of international sources such as the IMF, OECD, European Commission and World Bank to provide a truly all-compassing data service.
Economic Analytics comprises three main parts:
Historical data loaded in-house
Vast and timely locally-sourced macroeconomic data and daily financial indicators.
- Detailed, timely macroeconomic data loaded in-house from over 1,000 sources worldwide covering more than 200 countries
- Sources include local statistics offices, central banks and finance ministries
- Data are updated within minutes of release
- Daily financial indicators covering commodities, fixed income, equities, interest and exchange rates
- Our country economists use our historical data in their forecasts ensuring the most appropriate series and sources are used
- All major macroeconomic concepts are covered including:
- Balance of payments
- Cyclical indicators and surveys
- External debt
- Financial markets
- Government finance
- Housing and construction
- Labor market
- Merchandise trade
- Money and banking
- National accounts and capacity
- Wholesale and retail trade
World Market Monitor - Valued-added historical data
World Market Monitor provides standardized historical time series on all major macroeconomic and financial concepts for over 200 countries.
- Harmonized concepts – Series selected for international consistency allowing cross-country comparison
- Long, spliced history for modelling (adding back history removed by the source)
- Underlying data are locally-sourced where appropriate to provide more timely standardized data than published by international institutions
- Pre-calculated commonly-used ratios and GDP shares
- Standardized mnemonics and attributes
International Data Sources
Full datasets from international data sources including:
- Bank for International Settlements: Quarterly review
- European Commission: Annual Macro Economic Database (AMECO)
- Eurostat: More than 20 Eurostat databases
- IMF: Balance of Payments, Direction of Trade, Government Finance, World Economic Outlook, Fiscal Monitor, Financial Soundness etc.
- JODI: Joint Oil Data Initiative
- Merrill Lynch Proprietary Indices
- MSCI Indices
- OECD: Quarterly National Accounts, Economic Outlook, Main Economic Indicators etc.
- United Nations: Population, National Accounts etc.
- World Bank: African Development Indicators, World Development Indicators, Global Development Finance, Joint External Debt Hub etc.
Connect® Data Browser
Maximize your subscription content with IHS Markit Connect – our online customer platform. Connect is a one-stop solution for data searching and discovery, charting, downloading and saving for future use.
- Rapid Data Retrieval
- Access data from multiple sources in a single search
- Filter and select data by concept, geography, source and frequency
- Presentation Tools: Build customizable, presentation-ready graphs
- Flexible Export: Export content to multiple formats (Excel, PDF, PowerPoint)
- Automated Content Refreshes:
- Save frequently used searches and datasets
- Create refreshable Excel files
Our API delivers data continuously and reliably directly into your workflow.
- Representational State Transfer Application Programming (REST) API makes data available via URL addresses (or ‘endpoints’)
- Provides a foundation on which to build databases, charts, websites, visualizations and CSV files, plus facilities to query and lookup specific data
- Offers the simplest approach to application integration:
- Access to the API is instantaneous
- Provides an interactive web environment for developers to explore API features and review technical documentation
- Developers can test the API calls interactively in a browser
- 24/7 monitoring and support is provided
- Scales horizontally for both datasets and clients, ensuring it can meet present and future demand
- Built for consistent speed, with carefully selected technologies to ensure the best possible performance
IDDS offers tailored data feeds featuring continuous updating and seamless delivery.
- Internet Data Delivery System (IDDS) delivers fixed data updates in CSV or XML format to the IHS Markit web servers in real time
- Metadata includes economic concept, geography, source and frequency
- Updates pull in data changes only, optimizing load speed
- Data updates can be scheduled
EViews (additional service)
Best-in-class software for conducting econometric and statistical analysis.