‘Lower for longer’ oil prices and drastically reduced project activity has forced significant changes in the oilfield services industry and compelled oil & gas operators to pay closer attention to cost management, strategic procurement and technological differentiation.
Upstream Costs & Technology provides forward-looking market analysis, indexes and insights on project costs, service and equipment markets, and technology development. It enables E&P companies to plan and manage costs within a project portfolio, to better source and manage strategic technology development, and to optimize procurement with strategic category and supplier management.
We can help you with:
- Project cost planning
- How can I project portfolio costs for planning and budgeting and what external market trends and key drivers will affect supplier markets most
- What are the cost escalation assumptions I should consider? How do my estimates compare to industry indexes?
- Category & supplier management
- Buy at the right time: What are the drivers of oilfield services and equipment suppliers’ underlying costs, and what are the cost outlooks for individual market segments over the next 5 years?
- Negotiate the right price: What opportunities and risks does the balance of supply and demand in a supplier segment present for operators and suppliers in terms of market power, profit margins, and supply bottlenecks?
- Source from the right suppliers: How can I quickly draw up a long list and review suitability parameters for key suppliers in an oilfield services and equipment segment?
- Technology strategy
- What is the potential impact of technologies on portfolios and potential investments?
- How can I leverage learnings from successful industry deployment and challenges?
- How can an upstream company achieve strategic differentiation though its technology