A centralized source of validated corporate action data for nearly 3 million equities, fixed income and structured securities, across 170 countries and territories
As financial firms face a deluge of raw information on corporate actions, the risks and costs associated with acquiring and managing this data are higher than ever. An investment decision based on poor data quality, in terms of both accuracy and timeliness, can have enormous ramifications, with potential exposure running into the millions of dollars.
Managed Corporate Actions from IHS Markit provides unlimited access to corporate action data and allows customers to view full details in real time, including event-level data, dates, options, terms and conditions and restrictions. We offer access to a variety of data vendors through our platform, allowing customers the flexibility to select the vendors they want to work with, which can provide them further control over cost.
Data is validated through an intricate and precise process of mapping, normalizing and consolidating announcement information. Through this validation process, we enhance vendor records and resolve conflicting information to provide customers with a single golden corporate action record. The service offers a low-cost entry point to extensive and quality data once only available to those subscribing to multiple, expensive data sources.
- Cost effective – Allows firms to reduce high fixed costs for corporate actions validation to a variable cost based on the number of securities they want to monitor
- Single source – Streamlines the collection, validation and dissemination of corporate announcement operations
- Simplified operations – Eliminates inefficient and error-prone manual processing, transferring the burden of corporate actions to a trusted, professional service while reducing cost
- Reduced risk – Limits the potential for downstream errors or delays and the risks associated with flawed data by providing high quality, validated and timely information
- Customer service – Provides stringent service-level agreement timeframes for validation of events, paired with expert customer support in more than 20 different languages out of our global operational centers