Capture greater savings with proven price outlooks and cost insight
How confident are you that your supplier quotes reflect recent changes to costs?
Do you systematically benchmark the prices you pay for machinery and equipment over time?
Look to Pricing & Purchasing from IHS Markit for accurate price forecasts and cost models across all major machinery types. Our service provides insights on key inputs, including steel, plastics, rubber, machine parts and electronic components. For more than 40 years, our team has assisted the purchasing community with critical data, expert insight and proven forecasting models on the world’s machine equipment markets and the key factors that drive them. Find in-depth market analyses of prices, costs and margins to support your buying decisions worldwide.
Procurement officers and cost estimators leverage this service to:
- Evaluate supplier price quotes based on an accurate view of input costs and market fundamentals
- Obtain more accurate estimates of price change than broad inflation rates or historical trends
- Monitor prices and pinpoint the best times to make key purchases
- Negotiate contract escalation clauses
- Benchmark purchasing performance
- Prepare budgets and financial reviews based on accurate price forecasts