Plastics wastes has prompted the plastic industry to move to a circular economy in which we keep resources in use for as long as possible and regenerate products and materials at the end of each service life.
The entire chemical market faces existential risk ahead since plastics represents 50% of base chemicals demand.
IHS Markit Circular Plastics Service provides a comprehensive, scenario-based evaluation of how the plastics value chain is expected to transition from a linear to a circular economy. It addresses implications of carbon intensity and the impact on future capital investments within the context of energy transition and carbon valuation, amid changing policy and regulations.
This service quantifies the magnitude and timing of substantial market shifts, identifies key regulatory and societal risks, and provides ongoing tracking of fast-moving developments. It is essential insight and analytics to reformulate your company strategy.
- Prepare a plan to mitigate against major shifts in downstream consumption
- Assess opportunities for investment collaboration in circularity
- Determine which recycling technology to invest in
- Quantify the timing and magnitude of impact on feedstock markets
- Compare competing mechanical /chemical process technologies and understand which may prevail