Confidently develop sourcing strategies and quantify suppliers cost positions.
In today’s environment of global oil market volatility and emerging market economic deceleration, understanding feedstock dynamics is critical to procurement excellence. On the one hand, you need to identify and locate cost-competitive raw materials as well as suppliers who will support your expansion and investment decisions. On the other, you must predict how future market changes will condition your ability to do so at the best price. To gain a competitive edge, you must be able to benchmark your suppliers costs against those of your competitors.
What IHS Markit can do for you:
- Develop sourcing strategies and to find new raw material suppliers who can support business growth
- Locate future raw material suppliers using credible data for chemical companies, products and manufacturing sites, with each chemical listed on a plant-by-plant basis
- Validate supplier choices with current chemical production capacities and growth forecasts – backed by supply and demand driver analysis so you can grasp your purchasing power
- Compare supplier costs and margins
- Track near- and long-term commodity market trends and how changes in prices and availability will impact your business and the materials you buy
- Talk to our experts for advice on your sourcing strategy
- Balance what your suppliers say against our impartial data and expert market analysis