Robust company, market and industry analysis, authored by highly credible and experienced consultants, is critical to effectively define the scope, understand viability and successfully execute and close a transaction.
Built on IHS Markit reputation for integrity and our extensive industry intellectual capital and proprietary information, our consulting team are leaders in providing both commercial and technical due diligence to support M&A transactions. From risk advisory to business plan projections, we provide advice and support on all aspects of the lending, purchasing and selling process. Whether you are involved in asset valuations, mergers and acquisitions, project economics or technical analysis, we can streamline your decision-making process.
Combining the unmatched breadth and depth of the information and insight provided in our multi-subscriber databases and reports, with our consultants' first-hand industry experience, we are well placed to understand the issues, concerns and considerations whilst evaluating the deployment of capital for a potential transaction.
We can help answer:
- What is the potential upside and downside of a transaction?
- How does the IHS Markit forecast compare with the company's business plan?
- How can we better understand the integrated structure of a competitor's business?
- Are there premium products and what is the outlook for margins?
- How does the company differentiate itself from competitors?
- How strong is the company's IP position?
- How well maintained are the assets?
- What are the risks associated with this transaction?
Our capabilities include:
- Technology and IP position assessment
- Commercial and technical due diligence
- Target acquisition screening
- Buy-side and sell-side analysis
- Risk advisory
- Cash flow and profit margin projection
- Operational and financial sustainability
- Business performance assessment
- Mergers & acquisition support