Chemical Consulting: Technology
Engineers and technology managers depend on our technology consulting practice to perform rigorous analysis for high-value investments and other transactions. Whether you are involved in the selection, design, commercialization or construction of a technology-related process or product, we can help you devise an intelligent response to these types of challenges:
- Should we underwrite a plant? What technology risks are involved? Is it economically feasible?
- How do we go to market with this new technology? Which markets and market segments do we target?
- Is there a patent for this technology? Can you help us with the process for obtaining one?
- How do we find an independent technical consultant to provide support from pre-feasibility studies to the post-completion audit?
M&A and Divestment
- Where do we obtain technical due diligence for an asset exchange transfer transaction? For a financial transaction?
- What are the current and long-term outlooks for this technology’s competitiveness?
Technology Portfolio Optimization
- What is the latest R&D on a particular technology?
- Where can we obtain a licensing review to support our negotiations?
- Are there technology opportunities available to us through a merger or acquisition?
- Where can we obtain proof-of-concept analysis? Expert witness testimony for litigation?
- What are the commercial opportunities for our technologies?
Our consultants leverage the data and insight of our Process Economics Program (PEP), Carbon Footprint Initiative, Cost Curve Analysis and other cutting-edge technology research programs to address your most complex questions through these types of solutions:
- Process technology analysis and planning
- Technological competitiveness analysis
- Patent research and review
- Proof-of-concept analysis
- Commercialization and fair market valuation of new technologies
- Licensing review and negotiation support
- Analysis of competitive positioning and technical screening, evaluation, selection support of licensed and proprietary processes
- Review of technology conformance with equator principles
- Evaluation of commercial opportunities and markets for technologies and catalysts
- Independent engineering review for pre-financing EPC, constructability review, construction monitoring, process guarantees and test runs, post-completion monitoring
- Industry-expert analysis and witness services
- Technology M&A opportunity screening, transaction and due diligence
- Technology assessments for independent engineering engagements
- Technology screening for sponsors in new project development
Telecom giant leverages cost modeling and forecasting to strengthen negotiation intelligence and save $100s millions
In contract renewal talks with OEMs, this global telecommunications company needed an edge so they used fact-based tools to measure product feature cost versus perceived customer value as well as detailed benchmarking of device features and actual OEM costs in order to strengthen its sourcing model.Learn more about our client’s successes
Global Chemical Company Strengthens Leadership in Solar Energy Sector with Strategic Market Insights
One of the world's largest chemical companies has established itself as a leader in the solar energy sector by providing materials to manufacturers of photovoltaic (PV) cells. At a time when two-thirds of other providers went out of business, this company has successfully balanced its client portfolio and expanded its business in this sector.Learn more about our client’s successes
National Oil Company Develops Informed Strategies for Growing Chemical Business in Changing Global Market
This national oil company wanted to give investors confidence so they developed a two-pronged strategy to grow its core oil business and set the stage for launching a new chemical business, while staying abreast of market changes and avoiding up to $4 billion in potential costs/risk to its reputation.Learn more about our client’s successes
Braskem Idesa builds advantage with bold strategy and largest petrochemical investment in Mexico in 30 Years
For its landmark Etileno XXI project, this company -- a joint venture of the premier thermoplastic resins producer in the Americas and one of Mexico’s leading petrochemical groups -- secured a total investment of $4.5B to build the largest petrochemical facility in the Americas, capable of producing 1+ million tons of ethylene and polyethylene annually.SEE CASE STUDY