Global coverage provides a 5-year history, where available.
- United Kingdom
- United States
As Reported data series:
- Real GDP
- Industrial Production Index
- Consumer Price Index
- Producer Price Index
- Purchasing Managers' Index
Daily reference series providing a more rounded assessment at the point in time:
- Stock market index
- Exchange rate (LCU/US$)
- Policy rate
- Crude oil price
United States: 20-year history of headline indicators and additional historical data for over 360+ indicators including advance, preliminary and final releases:
- Capacity utilization
- Employment and unemployment
- Housing starts
- Industrial production
- Merchandise trade
- National accounts
- Retail sales
As Reported Data is available as a one-off dataset containing the entire history or a one-off dataset plus ongoing updates.
The format of the download can be tailored to the individual customer – Excel format is most common.
Ongoing updates can be delivered our API or via tailored data feeds.
Our API delivers data continuously and reliably directly into your workflow.
- Representational State Transfer Application Programming (REST) API makes data available via URL addresses (or ‘endpoints’)
- Provides a foundation on which to build databases, charts, websites, visualizations and CSV files, plus facilities to query and lookup specific data
- Offers the simplest approach to application integration:
- Access to the API is instantaneous
- Provides an interactive web environment for developers to explore API features and review technical documentation
- Developers can test the API calls interactively in a browser
- 24/7 monitoring and support is provided
- Scales horizontally for both datasets and clients, ensuring it can meet present and future demand
- Built for consistent speed, with carefully selected technologies to ensure the best possible performance
IDDS offers tailored data feeds featuring continuous updating and seamless delivery.
- Internet Data Delivery System (IDDS) delivers fixed data updates in CSV or XML format to the IHS Markit web servers in real time
- Metadata includes economic concept, geography, source and frequency
- Updates pull in data changes only, optimizing load speed
- Data updates can be scheduled