Consultancy projects encompass technical, agronomic and economic analysis of agribusiness investments, macro and sectorial analysis, pre-feasibility studies, strategies for new investors, technical, economic and financial due diligence, M&A advisory services, farmland dispute resolution and technical advisory services.
Since 2001, IHS Markit has provided asset evaluations services in agribusiness, both rural and urban, farm equipment, storage facilities as well as infrastructure (ports, railways, grain terminals, etc). Evaluations cover crops, livestock activities, reforestation, and agroindustry. Having a team with over 50 years of experience on the market and a database of farmland prices dating back to 2001, IHS Markit evaluations follow the procedures and methodologies recognized by the Brazilian Technical Norm Association (ABNT).
The Business Intelligence unit was created in 2005 as a new business division. Since then, it has developed ad-hoc and multi-client studies in the following sectors: qualitative and quantitative market research with farmers; distributors and key influential consultants; price tracking of agricultural inputs; and competitive intelligence efforts.
IHS Markit is the unique provider of Brazilian farmland prices and lease data. Farmland price data is reported on a bi-monthly basis while farm lease data is provided on a semester basis. Both publications are available in Portuguese and English.
Land Market Analysis Report
The Land Report is bi-monthly and provides farmland prices on some 1,300 different types of land (location versus use), distributed in 133 homogenous micro-regions throughout Brazil. The most representative prices for each region in deals that have been done are surveyed and updated, so allowing a national comparison, irrespective of the payment form used. Content: Context and outlook, Economy, Legislation, Highest appreciation (R$/ha and %) - short and long term, Highest depreciation (R$/ha and %) - short and long term, Analysis by activity type, Analysis by State and charts and tables of price evolution throughout Brazil
Land Leasing Report
The Land Leasing Report is semestral and presents over 120 different price quotes (locations versus use) using the same 133 micro-regions as the Land Report. The analysis provides readers with an important decision-making tool for their business, comparing land price variations in the most sought-after regions compared with the cost of leasing. Content: Description of leasing and rural partners, Land leasing market analysis, Tables with updated land lease prices throughout Brazil and Tables of product price evolution (soy, beef cattle, sugarcane) indexes.
COMAG - Agricultural Market Consultancy
The dynamics of the agricultural market, as well as the volatility of commodities prices, have made information strategic and essential for those involved in Brazilian agribusiness. This growing demand for knowledge led IHS Markit Agribusiness Brazil, a company with over 30 years' experience in the Brazilian farming sector, to produce the Agricultural Market Consultancy (COMAG). Crops: Soy and other oilseeds, Corn and other winter cereals, Cotton and Sugarcane
Daily soybean and corn newsletters are available.
Daily Soybean Newsletter
- Daily analysis of the movement of the internal market, futures market, dollar and news related to the soy complex in Brazil and in the world.
- Monitoring the prices of soy, bran and soy oil in the main Brazilian markets.
- Soybean futures contracts and its derivatives on the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) and on the Commodities and Futures Exchange (BM&F).
- Monitoring of awards at the port of Paranaguá
- Publication in English and Portuguese.
Daily Corn Newsletter
- Daily analysis of the movement of the internal market, futures market, dollar and important facts in Brazil and in the world.
- Monitoring the prices of corn and the main inputs in the poultry and pork production chain.
- Futures contracts on the Chicago Stock Exchange (CBOT) and on the Commodities & Futures Exchange (BM&F).
- Exchange relationships
- Freight Quotes
Agrianual Yearbook (Print Copy)
Brazil Agrianual is a comprehensive and unique reference source on Brazilian agriculture, including production, consumption, trade and price data on 52 major crops. In addition, the study provides data on crop areas, production costs, Brazilian and world supply and demand, market reviews and outlook for major sectors, coverage on biofuels, and land prices by area and potential use.
Crops included: Acerola, Apple, Avocado, Banana, Beans, Canola, Carrot, Cashew, Cassava, Castor Beans, Cocoa Beans, Coconut-for copra, Coffee, Corn, Cotton, Cucumber, Flowers, Forestry, Fruits and Vegetables, Garlic, Grape, Guava, Lemon, Lettuce, Mango, Melon, Nectarine, Onion, Orange, Palm, Palm kernel oil, Palm oil, Hearts of Palm, Papaya, Passionfruit, Peach, Peanuts, Bell pepper, Pineapple, Plums, Potato, Rice, Rubber Tree, Sorghum, Soybean, Strawberry, Sugar cane, Sunflower, Tangerine, Tomato, Watermelon and Wheat.
AGRIANUAL online brings you agility in decision making, ideas to develop new strategies and knowledge about the latest market trends. This is an opportunity for you to have a complete and reliable source of information online. AGRIANUAL online the ideal tool in a competitive and globalized market.
Log in to access all updated data and information from AGRIANUAL in PDF and Excel ready for download, you receive emails whenever updates occur. Data includes production, planted area, productivity, commercial scale, production cost, producer prices and among other statistics.
Brazil Food and Agricultural Commodities Economics
High-value proprietary research and data providing a holistic view of Brazilian agriculture, covering crops, livestock and land markets. Our coverage includes daily analysis and insight with proprietary and unmatched data plus regular reports across all core Brazilian agricultural markets, all in one place.
ANUALPEC Yearbook (Print Copy)
ANUALPEC is the annual animal production report. Besides articles on the sectors, it contains important numbers on cattle farming in Brazil and the world. Highlighting the price and production histories, imports / exports, and production costs.
In addition of having available the full content of the latest print edition, Anualpec online provides monthly updates on:
- Cattle prices, fattened cow and replacement market in several Brazilian states
- Live chicken and live hog prices and the wholesale market in São Paulo
- Beef cattle prices worldwide
- Ranking of main importers of Brazilian beef, chicken and pork
- Ranking of major exporting states of fresh and processed beef
- Daily live cattle ESALQ – B3 indicators
Log in to access all information from ANUALPEC in PDF and Excel ready for download, and you receive emails whenever updates occur.
Daily Meat Livestock Newsletter
The following coverage is included:
- Cattle Market: Prices of the day for live oxen and live cows in 25 Cattle Regions, distributed through 13 States (SP, MS, MT, PR, GO, MG, BA, RS, RO, TO, PA, RJ and MA) and all the replacement categories in 19 Cattle Regions, distributed in 11 States (SP, MS, MT, PR, GO, MG, BA, RS, TO, PA and RO).
- General Markets: Daily financial market prices, closing prices for the live ox Futures Market and prices from Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay, Chicken, Corn and Wholesale Meat in São Paulo.
- Trends: Market analysis with a prediction for the following few days.
Weekly Meat Livestock Newsletter
Complete weekly bulletin on the Brazilian cattle farming market, delivered on Thursdays by e-mail.
- Presents statistics and market analysis on cattle farming.
- Prices in 25 regions besides the daily prices on the futures and international markets (Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay) and market prices for wholesale, leather and alternative meats traded on the domestic market and analysis about the cattle market.