Animal Health Industry Overview
Disease outbreaks, the rise of companion care and technological advancements present significant opportunities for animal health companies and investors. Navigate this fast-expanding sector with confidence with our market-leading coverage.
Key facts about the global animal health market
- The combined annual revenue of the animal health industry’s top 20 companies is around $30 billion.
- The top 20 animal health companies account for around 80% of the industry’s total sales.
- Animal health is still a burgeoning industry – only eight businesses have annual sales of over $1 billion.
- The largest acquisition in animal health is Elanco’s $7.6 billion purchase of Bayer Animal Health – due to close in 2020.
- Animal health is becoming more independent. In the early 2000s, nearly the whole of the animal health industry’s top 20 companies were subsidiaries of larger human pharma businesses. Now, only three companies retain this link.
Animal Health sectors
Animal Health Economics
Who we help
Staying abreast of the latest developments in your markets is key, but a challenging task in a fast-paced industry. Keep yourself informed with in-depth news, weekly round-ups of top stories and utilize an extensive historical archive to delve deeper into specific topics of interest.
Sales and Marketing
You are expected to understand the core commercial landscape and identify growth markets. Our commercial analysis allows you to track company performance with our industry rankings and M&A tracker, as well as identify key businesses with our company tracker and insight into new start-ups.
Tracking the latest legal developments across the industry, from multiple sources on a global scale can be time-consuming. Stay abreast of changes and react with confidence using our dedicated policy and regulation analysis that consolidates industry research for you.
Agribusiness Blogs & AnalysisView All
With innovation and technology, Brazil emerges as a dominant player in global agriculture
Follow IHS Markit Agribusiness
This year our US acreage forecasts deviated from the USDA's Perspective Plantings report released on March 30th, si… https://t.co/nCAkAxaQqt