Maritime and Trade Talk - EP7: Game On
With concrete action awaiting to lay out the path to decarbonize maritime emissions, Patrick Verhoeven, managing director of the International Association of Ports and Harbors (IAPH), and Jutta Paulus, member of the European Parliament and rapporteur for the revision of the EU emissions reporting regulation, discussed setting out rules and mutual expectations.
MEPC 78 takes place at the beginning of June and this discussion will continue.
- Jutta Paulus - Member of the European Parliament
- Patrick Verhoeven - Managing Director, International Association of Ports and Harbors (IAPH)
- Ines Nastali - Senior Custom Publishing Editor, S&P Global Market Intelligence
Jutta Paulus has been a German member of the European Parliament for the Greens/European Free Alliance since July 2019. Before, she worked in quality management and controlling in laboratories and hospitals. Paulus holds a bachelor of pharmacy from the Philipps-Unversität of Marburg, Germany.
Patrick Verhoeven is the managing director of the International Association of Ports and Harbors (IAPH), responsible for policy and strategy. The organisation represents about 170 ports and some 140 port-related businesses in 90 countries worldwide. Prior to joining IAPH in 2017, Patrick spent twenty-four years in Brussels representing the interests of shipowners, port authorities, terminal operators and ship agents at EU level. He started his career in 1991 with the Antwerp-based ship agent Grisar & Velge. Patrick holds a PhD in applied economics and a bachelor’s in law from the University of Antwerp.
Recommended for you
- Maritime and Trade Talk - EP6: The Impact of Russia's Invasion of Ukraine: A Trade Finance Compliance Perspective
- Maritime and Trade Talk - EP5: Stirring the Melting Pot
- Maritime and Trade Talk - EP4: Forging an Alliance
- Maritime and Trade Talk - EP3: Sanctions Advisories for the Maritime Industry
- Maritime and Trade Talk - EP2: Part 2 - The Basics Of AIS
- Maritime and Trade Talk - EP1: Part 1 - The Basics Of AIS