Maritime and Trade Talk - EP6: The Impact of Russia's Invasion of Ukraine: A Trade Finance Compliance Perspective
In response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, governments and regulators have enforced stringent sanctions in key strategic industries. Countries have periodically announced new restrictions on various Russian individuals, entities, and industries; and it is likely that this will continue as the conflict is prolonged.
In this episode, Ravi Amin and Jeremy Domballe dive deeper into our latest whitepaper; The Impact of Russia's Invasion of Ukraine - A Trade Finance Compliance Perspective, which focuses on some of the key trade compliance risks financial institutions now face in the context of multiple sanctions on Russian entities including Russian owned vessels, export control regulations and the restricting of corporates from exporting and importing certain goods that may enhance key Russian industries including the energy, aviation, aerospace and technology sectors.
Recommended for you
- Maritime and Trade Talk - EP8: The Container Port Performance Index 2021
- Maritime and Trade Talk - EP7: Game On
- Maritime and Trade Talk - EP5: Stirring the Melting Pot
- Maritime and Trade Talk - EP4: Forging an Alliance
- Maritime and Trade Talk - EP3: Sanctions Advisories for the Maritime Industry
- Maritime and Trade Talk - EP2: Part 2 - The Basics Of AIS
- Maritime and Trade Talk - EP1: Part 1 - The Basics Of AIS