The role of offshore wind in upstream low-carbon strategies
Offshore wind is seen by many as an emerging low-carbon opportunity where certain oil and gas firms can leverage competitive advantages from their established expertise in offshore projects. Rapidly falling costs, new technology and policy support have helped firms create value in offshore wind projects. But, is it a sustainable opportunity for offshore oil and gas companies?
Recommended for you
- EnergyCents - Episode 2: Energy markets in the 1970s and 2020s: Is Past Prologue?
- EnergyCents - Episode 1: Trouble with the Curve
- How Chinas national oil companies balance oil and gas declines
- North America oil and gas industry enters survival mode
- Conventional exploration trends in the era of investment dilemma
- The energy investor outlook for 2020
- Would you rather: 2020 upstream predictions
- Forced change- Navigating the investor landscape in North America