The Promises and Perils of Oil & Gas Specialization
For much of the oil and gas industry’s history, bigger was unquestionably better. But that truism has been displaced by a push towards specialization. Where companies once strived for breadth, in technologies and geography, they now compete against each other in narrower competitive bands in pursuit of a deeper, if more limited, set of skills to distinguish themselves. Our experts discuss on today’s episode.
Recommended for you
- Upstream in Perspective- Episode 35: Is the Worst Behind Us? – The North America Onshore Recovery
- EnergyCents - Episode 2: Energy markets in the 1970s and 2020s: Is Past Prologue?
- EnergyCents - Episode 1: Trouble with the Curve
- How Chinas national oil companies balance oil and gas declines
- North America oil and gas industry enters survival mode
- Conventional exploration trends in the era of investment dilemma
- The energy investor outlook for 2020
- Would you rather: 2020 upstream predictions