The MSGBC Basin and the future of exploration
The MSGBC, or Senegal, Basin off the coasts of Senegal and Mauritania in western Africa is one of the most exciting areas of frontier exploration in the world. To date, there have been 168 newfield wildcats drilled in the basin that have discovered approximately 9 Bboe of recoverable resources, with over half of the volumes discovered in Senegalese waters. Jerry Kepes joins us to provide an overview of geological attributes and activity in the basin, and he gives us an overview of how potential discoveries might impact the broader market and region.
Recommended for you
- EnergyCents - Episode 2: Energy markets in the 1970s and 2020s: Is Past Prologue?
- EnergyCents - Episode 1: Trouble with the Curve
- How Chinas national oil companies balance oil and gas declines
- North America oil and gas industry enters survival mode
- Conventional exploration trends in the era of investment dilemma
- The energy investor outlook for 2020
- Would you rather: 2020 upstream predictions
- The role of offshore wind in upstream low-carbon strategies