The MSGBC Basin and the future of exploration
The MSGBC, or Senegal, Basin off the coasts of Senegal and Mauritania in western Africa is one of the most exciting areas of frontier exploration in the world. To date, there have been 168 newfield wildcats drilled in the basin that have discovered approximately 9 Bboe of recoverable resources, with over half of the volumes discovered in Senegalese waters. Jerry Kepes joins us to provide an overview of geological attributes and activity in the basin, and he gives us an overview of how potential discoveries might impact the broader market and region.
Recommended for you
- EnergyCent- Ep. 21: Behind the Scenes and Ahead of the Crowd
- EnergyCents- Ep. 20: 3 wise men: power market predictions for 2021
- EnergyCents- Ep 19: Mirror, Mirror on the Wall: Reflections on 2020 and Predictions for 2021
- Upstream in Perspective- Ep 40: DX Talks- The Role of DX in the Energy Transition
- EnergyCents - Ep. 18: The Unsung Heroes of Upstream Portfolio Consolidation
- EnergyCents- Ep. 17: Hydrogen: the great disruptor?
- EnergyCents- Ep. 16: How a Biden presidency may (re)shape the U.S. energy sector
- EnergyCents- Ep. 14: Strategic imperatives of increasingly interconnected global oil & gas markets