Zambia’s election outcome
Hakainde Hichilema, the leader of the United Party for National Development, won the 12 August Zambian presidential election. In today’s episode, our Sub-Saharan team discusses the important policy interventions we can expect from the new government and what this will mean for economic recovery and debt sustainability going forward.
Recommended for you
- Lockdowns and labor issues – the next wave of PMI insights
- The Age of Food Scarcity: Understanding the economic, political and business implications of declining food supplies
- The power of politics: The influence of global elections in 2022
- Have metal prices reached a melting point?
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Recovery interrupted
- Ripples and waves - February signals broad-based improvements
- Electrical machinery: The next challenge in supply chain disruption
- Commodity pricing pressure: Top down and bottom up