Episode 63: Where economic trends are heading
Seven or so months into the global pandemic, and the ensuing economic slowdown, we are finally seeing some positive movement. While September numbers indicated another small slowing, Chris Williamson, our chief business economist, uses our nowcasting PMI data to talk about some interesting developments as the economy pushes towards a slow recovery. While, indeed, many sectors are still in in decline, including tourism, (See our latest blog post on this topic) some of the leaders in recovery may surprise you. In today's episode, Chris tells us what's happening, what to look for, and what this all means.
Recommended for you
- Lockdowns and labor issues – the next wave of PMI insights
- The power of politics: The influence of global elections in 2022
- Have metal prices reached a melting point?
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Recovery interrupted
- Ripples and waves - February signals broad-based improvements
- Electrical machinery: The next challenge in supply chain disruption
- Commodity pricing pressure: Top down and bottom up
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Regional vulnerability to rising interest rates