Episode 63: Where economic trends are heading
Seven or so months into the global pandemic, and the ensuing economic slowdown, we are finally seeing some positive movement. While September numbers indicated another small slowing, Chris Williamson, our chief business economist, uses our nowcasting PMI data to talk about some interesting developments as the economy pushes towards a slow recovery. While, indeed, many sectors are still in in decline, including tourism, (See our latest blog post on this topic) some of the leaders in recovery may surprise you. In today's episode, Chris tells us what's happening, what to look for, and what this all means.
Recommended for you
- Steel price outlook: Markets in turmoil
- Episode 69: Cargo and supply chain disruptions in Mexico
- Episode 68: Banking sector risks to watch in 2021
- Episode 67: Commodity prices in 2021 for key chemicals, plastics, and metals
- Episode 66: Indonesian banking sector outlook
- Episode 65: Current state of the global metals market
- Episode 64: Fiscal austerity, the IMF, and the G20: Holding off another lost decade?
- Episode 62: Capital Market trends