Episode 63: Where economic trends are heading
Seven or so months into the global pandemic, and the ensuing economic slowdown, we are finally seeing some positive movement. While September numbers indicated another small slowing, Chris Williamson, our chief business economist, uses our nowcasting PMI data to talk about some interesting developments as the economy pushes towards a slow recovery. While, indeed, many sectors are still in in decline, including tourism, (See our latest blog post on this topic) some of the leaders in recovery may surprise you. In today's episode, Chris tells us what's happening, what to look for, and what this all means.
Recommended for you
- Episode 82: Sub-Saharan Africa debt relief - Is the international community doing enough?
- Episode 80: Steel markets - The big picture
- Episode 81: Sovereign level ESG in Latin America
- Episode 79: Covid-19 vaccine rollout across the Asia-Pacific region
- Episode 78: Box and board packaging prices feeling pressure
- Episode 77: China’s Economic Outlook in the Year of the Ox
- Supply Chain Diversification: Trade opportunities for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Episode 75: Geopolitics of Covid-19 Vaccine role out: Latin America