Episode 94: Volatility in building materials - A classic supply and demand story
The news, and our podcasts, have been filled with stories about the dramatic rise in lumber prices – until 2 weeks ago when prices fell. Join our Pricing and Purchasing and construction industry experts as they discuss what precipitated the price drop and whether prices will soon drop to pre-pandemic levels. They also turn their attention to the housing market where materials prices, inclusive of lumber, are up 9% but the cost of a new house is up 20%. They unpack what is driving up costs and how the construction market is doing around the globe. It’s a true tale of supply and demand.
Recommended for you
- Climate shifts - Unrest, policy, and growth
- Out of stock - Manufacturing in South East Asia
- Zambia’s election outcome
- What goes up for machinery...may not come down?
- Tunisia's struggles
- What our global manufacturing surveys are telling us
- Episode 100: Semiconductor shortages cause ripples across markets
- Episode 99: The economic impact of unrest in South Africa