Episode 94: Volatility in building materials - A classic supply and demand story
The news, and our podcasts, have been filled with stories about the dramatic rise in lumber prices – until 2 weeks ago when prices fell. Join our Pricing and Purchasing and construction industry experts as they discuss what precipitated the price drop and whether prices will soon drop to pre-pandemic levels. They also turn their attention to the housing market where materials prices, inclusive of lumber, are up 9% but the cost of a new house is up 20%. They unpack what is driving up costs and how the construction market is doing around the globe. It’s a true tale of supply and demand.
Recommended for you
- Episode 100: Semiconductor shortages cause ripples across markets
- Episode 99: The economic impact of unrest in South Africa
- Episode 98: The future of Afghanistan
- Episode 97: Ethiopian election - Impacts to ongoing conflict and economic growth
- Episode 96: The impact of the Delta Variant in Southern Africa
- Episode 95: Realistic Disaster Scenario - What if Latin America sees a surge in violent unrest?
- EnergyCents - Ep 42: Texas Forever: Why Houston will maintain its role as the world’s energy capital
- Episode 93: Consumer outlook for Sub-Saharan Africa