Tariff redux: Section 232
The United States and the EU have agreed to Section 232 revisions that take effect on 1 January 2022. The new agreement is much like the quota-and-tariff “safeguard” regime already in place in Europe. A certain tonnage may be imported from the EU to the United States tariff-free. After the quota fills, additional tons face a 25% tariff. What will this do to steel prices? How about supply? John Mothersole and John Anton discuss the changes this policy shift will have on markets, manufacturers, and metals buyers.
Recommended for you
- A Year of transitions: Top-10 Economic Predictions for 2022
- Sub-Saharan Africa challenges for 2022. Could it be more challenging than 2021?
- Get your money's worth: Using PMI data to assess currency valuation
- Hey big spender: Infrastructure
- Semiconductor shortage : Examining the data behind the bottleneck
- Why establishing a Social License to Operate practice is critical
- Afghanistan and what it means for transnational Jihadi terrorism
- The economic impacts of climate change