Episode 47 : Sustainability-Linked Bonds
On June 9 the ICMA published voluntary guidelines for Sustainability-Linked Bonds (SLBs). These bonds now have some suggested guidelines for issuers to meet including pre-defined sustainability or environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives and targets.
In today's episode, John Raines and Brian Lawson walk you through what this all means for investors: the differences between these guidelines and the ICMA's Green Bond Principles set forth in 2014, how these new guidelines will affect the appetite for issuers, and even delve into how the current pandemic is impacting these types of investments.
SUBSCRIBE: Apple | Stitcher | Spotify | RSS | Google Play
Recommended for you
- The economic outlook for India in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak
- Episode 52: Rising Insecurity Across The Middle East
- Episode 51: Emerging market issuers push debt maturity
- Episode 50: Complicated time for buyers—steel and nonferrous metals taking divergent tracks
- Episode 49 : Banking sector stress in emerging markets, the next wave of the COVID-19 fallout
- Episode 48 : Risk intelligence - Understanding what’s happening amidst the noise of information flow
- Episode 46: The impact of COVID-19 on the healthcare industry and policy decisions
- The economic impact of lockdown on the Asia Pacific economy