Episode 47 : Sustainability-Linked Bonds
On June 9 the ICMA published voluntary guidelines for Sustainability-Linked Bonds (SLBs). These bonds now have some suggested guidelines for issuers to meet including pre-defined sustainability or environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives and targets.
In today's episode, John Raines and Brian Lawson walk you through what this all means for investors: the differences between these guidelines and the ICMA's Green Bond Principles set forth in 2014, how these new guidelines will affect the appetite for issuers, and even delve into how the current pandemic is impacting these types of investments.
SUBSCRIBE: Apple | Stitcher | Spotify | RSS | Google Play
Recommended for you
- Episode 46: The impact of COVID-19 on the healthcare industry and policy decisions As countries and organizations start to reopen
- The economic impact of lockdown on the Asia Pacific economy
- Episode 43: Changing labor market and wage outlook in the wake of COVID-19
- Episode 45: Charismatic leadership during COVID-19
- Episode 42: The Lebanese Banking Sector - COVID-19's first financial sector casualty
- Episode 41: Country vulnerability and how this influences capital markets
- Episode 39: How low can metals prices go?
- Episode 40: Post COVID-19 debt sustainability