Episode 47 : Sustainability-Linked Bonds
On June 9 the ICMA published voluntary guidelines for Sustainability-Linked Bonds (SLBs). These bonds now have some suggested guidelines for issuers to meet including pre-defined sustainability or environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives and targets.
In today's episode, John Raines and Brian Lawson walk you through what this all means for investors: the differences between these guidelines and the ICMA's Green Bond Principles set forth in 2014, how these new guidelines will affect the appetite for issuers, and even delve into how the current pandemic is impacting these types of investments.
SUBSCRIBE: Apple | Stitcher | Spotify | RSS | Google Play
Recommended for you
- Episode 60: Asia Pacific economic outlook shocks and impact on supply chains
- Episode 59: All that's silver is not gold... or is it?
- Episode 58: Lumber carrying its weight in price
- Episode 57: New policies for the Indian banking sector
- Episode 56: Brexit is coming
- Episode 55: Beirut Port Explosion- Impact, Outlook for Lebanese Economy & State Failure Risk
- Episode 54: USMCA free trade agreement one month in
- The economic outlook for India in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak