Episode 72: Supply chain disruptions - Continued shortages in materials and labor
In today's episode, our pricing and purchasing experts, John Anton, John Mothersole, and Sophie Malin discuss the continued shortages being felt across material production and labor markets due to Covid-19 lockdowns and disease progression.
John Mothersole talks about disruptions across mining, lumber, and more critically semiconductors which will have a knock-on effect to additional industries.
When the conversation turns to disruptions to cargo and air shipping, Sophie Malin provides analysis on global labor shortages – specifically the differences in demand for labor in service industries vs manufacturing and construction. And of course, no discussion can be complete without discussing issues around illness, priority access to vaccines, and policy changes.
Recommended for you
- Episode 77: China’s Economic Outlook in the Year of the Ox
- Supply Chain Diversification: Trade opportunities for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Episode 75: Geopolitics of Covid-19 Vaccine role out: Latin America
- Episode 74: Chinese bond defaults - It’s not the monetary size that matters
- Episode 73: When will APAC economy recover? A regional outlook for 2021
- Episode 71: Covid-19 pandemic trajectory - What you need to know
- Steel price outlook: Markets in turmoil
- Episode 69: Cargo and supply chain disruptions in Mexico