Episode 72: Supply chain disruptions - Continued shortages in materials and labor
In today's episode, our pricing and purchasing experts, John Anton, John Mothersole, and Sophie Malin discuss the continued shortages being felt across material production and labor markets due to Covid-19 lockdowns and disease progression.
John Mothersole talks about disruptions across mining, lumber, and more critically semiconductors which will have a knock-on effect to additional industries.
When the conversation turns to disruptions to cargo and air shipping, Sophie Malin provides analysis on global labor shortages – specifically the differences in demand for labor in service industries vs manufacturing and construction. And of course, no discussion can be complete without discussing issues around illness, priority access to vaccines, and policy changes.
Recommended for you
- Episode 82: Sub-Saharan Africa debt relief - Is the international community doing enough?
- Episode 80: Steel markets - The big picture
- Episode 81: Sovereign level ESG in Latin America
- Episode 79: Covid-19 vaccine rollout across the Asia-Pacific region
- Episode 78: Box and board packaging prices feeling pressure
- Episode 77: China’s Economic Outlook in the Year of the Ox
- Supply Chain Diversification: Trade opportunities for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Episode 75: Geopolitics of Covid-19 Vaccine role out: Latin America