Episode 72: Supply chain disruptions - Continued shortages in materials and labor
In today's episode, our pricing and purchasing experts, John Anton, John Mothersole, and Sophie Malin discuss the continued shortages being felt across material production and labor markets due to Covid-19 lockdowns and disease progression.
John Mothersole talks about disruptions across mining, lumber, and more critically semiconductors which will have a knock-on effect to additional industries.
When the conversation turns to disruptions to cargo and air shipping, Sophie Malin provides analysis on global labor shortages – specifically the differences in demand for labor in service industries vs manufacturing and construction. And of course, no discussion can be complete without discussing issues around illness, priority access to vaccines, and policy changes.
Recommended for you
- Afghanistan and what it means for transnational Jihadi terrorism
- Beyond banking - The possibilities provided by blockchain technology in Sub-Saharan Africa
- How complete is your risk profile? Looking at LNG projects in Mozambique and Tanzania | IHS Markit
- Climate shifts - Unrest, policy, and growth
- Out of stock - Manufacturing in South East Asia
- Zambia’s election outcome
- What goes up for machinery...may not come down?
- Tunisia's struggles