Episode 72: Supply chain disruptions - Continued shortages in materials and labor
In today's episode, our pricing and purchasing experts, John Anton, John Mothersole, and Sophie Malin discuss the continued shortages being felt across material production and labor markets due to Covid-19 lockdowns and disease progression.
John Mothersole talks about disruptions across mining, lumber, and more critically semiconductors which will have a knock-on effect to additional industries.
When the conversation turns to disruptions to cargo and air shipping, Sophie Malin provides analysis on global labor shortages – specifically the differences in demand for labor in service industries vs manufacturing and construction. And of course, no discussion can be complete without discussing issues around illness, priority access to vaccines, and policy changes.
Recommended for you
- The impacts of conflicts in sub-Saharan Africa
- Zeroing in on attractive construction markets
- Insight from our Purchasing Managers’ Index data: Australia, Taiwan and more
- Higher metals prices are likely in 2023
- Mexico's nearshoring potential
- Managing price volatility in commodities contracts
- Stagflation ahead? Understanding the drivers and impacts of higher inflation
- Inflation and unrest in sub-Saharan Africa