Episode 72: Supply chain disruptions - Continued shortages in materials and labor
In today's episode, our pricing and purchasing experts, John Anton, John Mothersole, and Sophie Malin discuss the continued shortages being felt across material production and labor markets due to Covid-19 lockdowns and disease progression.
John Mothersole talks about disruptions across mining, lumber, and more critically semiconductors which will have a knock-on effect to additional industries.
When the conversation turns to disruptions to cargo and air shipping, Sophie Malin provides analysis on global labor shortages – specifically the differences in demand for labor in service industries vs manufacturing and construction. And of course, no discussion can be complete without discussing issues around illness, priority access to vaccines, and policy changes.
Recommended for you
- Episode 99: The economic impact of unrest in South Africa
- Episode 98: The future of Afghanistan
- Episode 97: Ethiopian election - Impacts to ongoing conflict and economic growth
- Episode 96: The impact of the Delta Variant in Southern Africa
- Episode 95: Realistic Disaster Scenario - What if Latin America sees a surge in violent unrest?
- EnergyCents - Ep 42: Texas Forever: Why Houston will maintain its role as the world’s energy capital
- Episode 94: Volatility in building materials - A classic supply and demand story
- Episode 93: Consumer outlook for Sub-Saharan Africa