Sub-Saharan Africa: Regional vulnerability to rising interest rates
The US Federal Reserve is expected to start rate tightening in March. What will this mean for countries in Sub-Saharan Africa with less solid macroeconomic fundamentals? Our Africa team discusses which countries are at most risk, how they could secure debt restructuring, how they will be impacted by rising inflation, and if security developments will influence fiscal developments across the region.
Recommended for you
- The power of politics: The influence of global elections in 2022
- Have metal prices reached a melting point?
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Recovery interrupted
- Ripples and waves - February signals broad-based improvements
- Electrical machinery: The next challenge in supply chain disruption
- Commodity pricing pressure: Top down and bottom up
- Geostrategy 2022-Risks on the Horizon
- Irregular migration