Episode 82: Sub-Saharan Africa debt relief - Is the international community doing enough?
Join our Sub-Saharan Africa team in their discussion on the debt relief efforts being offered by the IMF and the G20 to the region. Is it enough? Will it really help beyond immediate relief? Is there more the international community could be doing? These are complex questions and there are many perspectives to take into account. Our team offers a background on the issue, defines the relief allocations including SDRs, and discusses if these are ways to really solve a country’s debt problems.
Recommended for you
- A Year of transitions: Top-10 Economic Predictions for 2022
- Sub-Saharan Africa challenges for 2022. Could it be more challenging than 2021?
- Get your money's worth: Using PMI data to assess currency valuation
- Tariff redux: Section 232
- Hey big spender: Infrastructure
- Semiconductor shortage : Examining the data behind the bottleneck
- Why establishing a Social License to Operate practice is critical
- Afghanistan and what it means for transnational Jihadi terrorism