Pressure at the ballot box: Critical elections in Sub-Saharan Africa
Our sub-Saharan research team discusses the current political challenges connected to elections, and pre-elections, in South Africa and Nigeria. What are the main social and economic policy issues for the coming year? Is the Covid-19 pandemic still creating social and economic complications and how will this influence voters? And most critically, what role will fuel price pressures and fuel subsidies have on the outcome of these elections?
Recommended for you
- The power of politics: The influence of global elections in 2022
- Have metal prices reached a melting point?
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Recovery interrupted
- Ripples and waves - February signals broad-based improvements
- Electrical machinery: The next challenge in supply chain disruption
- Commodity pricing pressure: Top down and bottom up
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Regional vulnerability to rising interest rates
- Geostrategy 2022-Risks on the Horizon