Out of stock - Manufacturing in South East Asia
Malaysian factories suffered shutdowns in June due to the rise in Delta variant cases and, as of now, are still not operating at full capacity. Our PMI survey results showed a close-to-record decline in output and new orders. This does not bode well for Malaysian manufacturing, employment, and much needed relief in supply chain delays. But is it all dismal? Perhaps new fiscal policies in Hong Kong SAR offer some hope for recovery? Join our PMI economists as they discuss these issues and more.
Recommended for you
- Climate shifts - Unrest, policy, and growth
- Zambia’s election outcome
- What goes up for machinery...may not come down?
- Tunisia's struggles
- What our global manufacturing surveys are telling us
- Episode 100: Semiconductor shortages cause ripples across markets
- Episode 99: The economic impact of unrest in South Africa
- Episode 98: The future of Afghanistan