Episode 33: Lebanese government and banks change strategy as anti-bank sentiment escalates
The recent escalation of protests in Lebanon has highlighted protesters' frustration with the Central Bank of Lebanon (Banque du Liban: BDL) and commercial banks, sparking major announcements by the Lebanese government and two individual banks. Gabrielle Ventura, an economist for our Banking Risk Service provides insights into the situation and what comes next.
Recommended for you
- Episode 62: Capital Market trends
- Episode 61: What's happening in labor markets across Europe?
- Episode 60: Asia Pacific economic outlook shocks and impact on supply chains
- Episode 59: All that's silver is not gold... or is it?
- Episode 58: Lumber carrying its weight in price
- Episode 57: New policies for the Indian banking sector
- Episode 56: Brexit is coming
- Episode 55: Beirut Port Explosion- Impact, Outlook for Lebanese Economy & State Failure Risk