Episode 33: Lebanese government and banks change strategy as anti-bank sentiment escalates
The recent escalation of protests in Lebanon has highlighted protesters' frustration with the Central Bank of Lebanon (Banque du Liban: BDL) and commercial banks, sparking major announcements by the Lebanese government and two individual banks. Gabrielle Ventura, an economist for our Banking Risk Service provides insights into the situation and what comes next.
Recommended for you
- Lockdowns and labor issues – the next wave of PMI insights
- The power of politics: The influence of global elections in 2022
- Have metal prices reached a melting point?
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Recovery interrupted
- Ripples and waves - February signals broad-based improvements
- Electrical machinery: The next challenge in supply chain disruption
- Commodity pricing pressure: Top down and bottom up
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Regional vulnerability to rising interest rates