Episode 42: The Lebanese Banking Sector - COVID-19's first financial sector casualty
In today's episode, Gabrielle Ventura, an economist for our Banking Risk Service, discusses the fall of the Lebanese banking sector.
She takes us through the government's financial sector restructuring plan, the escalation of violent protests in Lebanon, and how the loss of global confidence amidst the pandemic catalyzed the crisis situation. Read more.
Recommended for you
- Episode 62: Capital Market trends
- Episode 61: What's happening in labor markets across Europe?
- Episode 60: Asia Pacific economic outlook shocks and impact on supply chains
- Episode 59: All that's silver is not gold... or is it?
- Episode 58: Lumber carrying its weight in price
- Episode 57: New policies for the Indian banking sector
- Episode 56: Brexit is coming
- Episode 55: Beirut Port Explosion- Impact, Outlook for Lebanese Economy & State Failure Risk