Episode 42: The Lebanese Banking Sector - COVID-19's first financial sector casualty
In today's episode, Gabrielle Ventura, an economist for our Banking Risk Service, discusses the fall of the Lebanese banking sector.
She takes us through the government's financial sector restructuring plan, the escalation of violent protests in Lebanon, and how the loss of global confidence amidst the pandemic catalyzed the crisis situation. Read more.
Recommended for you
- Episode 46: The impact of COVID-19 on the healthcare industry and policy decisions As countries and organizations start to reopen
- The economic impact of lockdown on the Asia Pacific economy
- Episode 43: Changing labor market and wage outlook in the wake of COVID-19
- Episode 47 : Sustainability-Linked Bonds
- Episode 45: Charismatic leadership during COVID-19
- Episode 41: Country vulnerability and how this influences capital markets
- Episode 39: How low can metals prices go?
- Episode 40: Post COVID-19 debt sustainability