Episode 42: The Lebanese Banking Sector - COVID-19's first financial sector casualty
In today's episode, Gabrielle Ventura, an economist for our Banking Risk Service, discusses the fall of the Lebanese banking sector.
She takes us through the government's financial sector restructuring plan, the escalation of violent protests in Lebanon, and how the loss of global confidence amidst the pandemic catalyzed the crisis situation. Read more.
Recommended for you
- The economic outlook for India in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak
- Episode 52: Rising Insecurity Across The Middle East
- Episode 51: Emerging market issuers push debt maturity
- Episode 50: Complicated time for buyers—steel and nonferrous metals taking divergent tracks
- Episode 49 : Banking sector stress in emerging markets, the next wave of the COVID-19 fallout
- Episode 48 : Risk intelligence - Understanding what’s happening amidst the noise of information flow
- Episode 47 : Sustainability-Linked Bonds
- Episode 46: The impact of COVID-19 on the healthcare industry and policy decisions