Episode 42: The Lebanese Banking Sector - COVID-19's first financial sector casualty
In today's episode, Gabrielle Ventura, an economist for our Banking Risk Service, discusses the fall of the Lebanese banking sector.
She takes us through the government's financial sector restructuring plan, the escalation of violent protests in Lebanon, and how the loss of global confidence amidst the pandemic catalyzed the crisis situation. Read more.
Recommended for you
- Episode 43: Changing labor market and wage outlook in the wake of COVID-19
- Episode 41: Country vulnerability and how this influences capital markets
- Episode 39: How low can metals prices go?
- Episode 40: Post COVID-19 debt sustainability
- Episode 38: Emerging market sovereign default risk - and international moves to avoid them
- Escalating economic shockwaves from Covid-19 in the Asia-Pacific region
- Episode 36: European Green Deal - Weathering Covid-19
- Episode 35: COVID-19 - Is a recession ahead?