Is economic overheating a possibility?
25 June 2019 3:54 Andrew Birch
We examine the classic signs of overheating - accelerating inflation, rapid GDP growth, credit expansion, rising real interest rates and tightening labor markets - and the impact of capital inflows and short-term debt.
Recommended for you
- Capital Markets Weekly: Highly-active primary markets continue, display seasonal factors
- US-Iran conflict: Short- and long-term risks
- The US Economy: Growing at trend
- Turkey’s outlook and banking sector in 2020: What risks are hiding on the horizon?
- Capital Markets Weekly: Markets shrug off Iranian risks and raise a lot of money
- Venezuela’s conflicting legislatures
- Capital Markets Weekly - Looking back and looking ahead
- Top 10 Predictions for 2020