Episode 64: Fiscal austerity, the IMF, and the G20: Holding off another lost decade?
Last week the IMF and finance ministers from the G20 made some ostensibly landmark decisions affecting the ability of developing countries to access financing and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Join Carla Selman, Senior Analyst for Latin America, and Dr. Theo Acheampong, Senior Analyst for sub-Saharan Africa as they discuss the implications for debt distressed countries.
Recommended for you
- Lockdowns and labor issues – the next wave of PMI insights
- The power of politics: The influence of global elections in 2022
- Have metal prices reached a melting point?
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Recovery interrupted
- Ripples and waves - February signals broad-based improvements
- Electrical machinery: The next challenge in supply chain disruption
- Commodity pricing pressure: Top down and bottom up
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Regional vulnerability to rising interest rates