Episode 64: Fiscal austerity, the IMF, and the G20: Holding off another lost decade?
Last week the IMF and finance ministers from the G20 made some ostensibly landmark decisions affecting the ability of developing countries to access financing and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Join Carla Selman, Senior Analyst for Latin America, and Dr. Theo Acheampong, Senior Analyst for sub-Saharan Africa as they discuss the implications for debt distressed countries.
Recommended for you
- A Year of transitions: Top-10 Economic Predictions for 2022
- Sub-Saharan Africa challenges for 2022. Could it be more challenging than 2021?
- Get your money's worth: Using PMI data to assess currency valuation
- Tariff redux: Section 232
- Hey big spender: Infrastructure
- Semiconductor shortage : Examining the data behind the bottleneck
- Why establishing a Social License to Operate practice is critical
- Afghanistan and what it means for transnational Jihadi terrorism