Episode 96: The impact of the Delta Variant in Southern Africa
The third wave of COVID-19 is heavily impacting Southern Africa. Infection rates have risen over 20% and deaths rose 15% in recent weeks. Our Economic and County Risk experts sit down to talk through the disease progression and the lessons learned by governments regarding lockdowns, vaccine rollout, and containment issues in countries with fragile healthcare systems. Will local responses trigger political unrest and protest? Join us to learn more.
Recommended for you
- Episode 100: Semiconductor shortages cause ripples across markets
- Episode 99: The economic impact of unrest in South Africa
- Episode 98: The future of Afghanistan
- Episode 97: Ethiopian election - Impacts to ongoing conflict and economic growth
- Episode 95: Realistic Disaster Scenario - What if Latin America sees a surge in violent unrest?
- EnergyCents - Ep 42: Texas Forever: Why Houston will maintain its role as the world’s energy capital
- Episode 94: Volatility in building materials - A classic supply and demand story
- Episode 93: Consumer outlook for Sub-Saharan Africa