Episode 58: Lumber carrying its weight in price
Lumber carrying it’s weight in price
Since hitting bottom in April, we are now seeing an astonishing 250% increase in lumber price—an increase not being seen in other building materials like steel and other base metals. Deni Koenhemsi, a principal economist in our Pricing & Purchasing service, discusses the dramatic increase , what's driving this rebound and how long it will last.
Recommended for you
- Steel price outlook: Markets in turmoil
- Episode 67: Commodity prices in 2021 for key chemicals, plastics, and metals
- Episode 65: Current state of the global metals market
- Episode 59: All that's silver is not gold... or is it?
- Episode 50: Complicated time for buyers—steel and nonferrous metals taking divergent tracks
- Episode 39: How low can metals prices go?
- Episode 32: Impact of Covid-19 on global employment and labor markets
- USMCA impact to labor rates and the auto industry: Understand what's really going to happen