Episode 58: Lumber carrying its weight in price
Lumber carrying it’s weight in price
Since hitting bottom in April, we are now seeing an astonishing 250% increase in lumber price—an increase not being seen in other building materials like steel and other base metals. Deni Koenhemsi, a principal economist in our Pricing & Purchasing service, discusses the dramatic increase , what's driving this rebound and how long it will last.
Recommended for you
- Episode 65: Current state of the global metals market
- Episode 64: Fiscal austerity, the IMF, and the G20: Holding off another lost decade?
- Episode 63: Where economic trends are heading
- Episode 62: Capital Market trends
- Episode 61: What's happening in labor markets across Europe?
- Episode 60: Asia Pacific economic outlook shocks and impact on supply chains
- Episode 59: All that's silver is not gold... or is it?
- Episode 57: New policies for the Indian banking sector