Episode 38: Emerging market sovereign default risk - and international moves to avoid them
27 March 2020 12:03 Brian Lawson
This episode looks at how the dual shocks of COVID-19, and falling energy, and natural resource prices are pushing Emerging Market countries towards default - and how the IMF and World Bank plan to alleviate these pressures.
Recommended for you
- Episode 71: Covid-19 pandemic trajectory - What you need to know
- Steel price outlook: Markets in turmoil
- Episode 69: Cargo and supply chain disruptions in Mexico
- Episode 68: Banking sector risks to watch in 2021
- Episode 67: Commodity prices in 2021 for key chemicals, plastics, and metals
- Episode 66: Indonesian banking sector outlook
- Episode 65: Current state of the global metals market
- Episode 64: Fiscal austerity, the IMF, and the G20: Holding off another lost decade?