The economic impact of lockdown on the Asia Pacific economy
Economic shockwaves have intesified across the globe during April and early May. For the Asia Pacific region this means that the recession will only hit its trough in Q2 with momentum improving in the second half of the year. In today's episode, our Chief Asia Economist, Rajiv Biswas discusses the economic health of the region, which countyies are poised for recvery, and which have a long way to go. While early hit countries are starting to come to come back online and economies across the region are slowing moving in an upward trajectory, he is quick to caution that even though growth rates are expected to strengthen the overall pace of growth is very slow. Join him as he explores regional differences, sectors most ompacted, and what we can expect moving forward.
SUBSCRIBE: Apple | Stitcher | Spotify | RSS | Google Play
Recommended for you
- Episode 60: Asia Pacific economic outlook shocks and impact on supply chains
- Episode 59: All that's silver is not gold... or is it?
- Episode 58: Lumber carrying its weight in price
- Episode 57: New policies for the Indian banking sector
- Episode 56: Brexit is coming
- Episode 55: Beirut Port Explosion- Impact, Outlook for Lebanese Economy & State Failure Risk
- Episode 54: USMCA free trade agreement one month in
- The economic outlook for India in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak