The Downing Of Flight 752: How we uncovered what happened and what it means going forward
On January 9, one day after the downing of Ukrainian airliner flight 752, our team released analysis to our clients that indicated that the plane had been accidentally shot down by an IRGC-operated SA-15 surface-to-air missile. Members of our risk team, Paul McGrath, Jack Kennedy, and Columb Strack take you through how they uncovered what really happened – from early indicators of a regional escalation to image analysis and on-the-ground network data. Go behind the research to see the how, when, and what of our risk methodology.
Recommended for you
- Steel price outlook: Markets in turmoil
- Episode 69: Cargo and supply chain disruptions in Mexico
- Episode 68: Banking sector risks to watch in 2021
- Episode 67: Commodity prices in 2021 for key chemicals, plastics, and metals
- Episode 66: Indonesian banking sector outlook
- Episode 65: Current state of the global metals market
- Episode 64: Fiscal austerity, the IMF, and the G20: Holding off another lost decade?
- Episode 63: Where economic trends are heading