Episode 93: Consumer outlook for Sub-Saharan Africa
Sub-Saharan Africa suffered a sharp economic contraction over the last year. Pandemic lockdowns, trade and supply chain disruptions, and employment disruptions had a marked impact on household and business wallets. In today’s episode, our SSA and PMI teams discuss the speed and magnitude of recovery across the region as countries begin to reopen despite the pandemic and slow vaccine rollouts. They will focus on our PMI data as they look at employment conditions, recovery efforts, and what this ultimately means for the consumer.
Recommended for you
- A Year of transitions: Top-10 Economic Predictions for 2022
- Sub-Saharan Africa challenges for 2022. Could it be more challenging than 2021?
- Get your money's worth: Using PMI data to assess currency valuation
- Tariff redux: Section 232
- Hey big spender: Infrastructure
- Semiconductor shortage : Examining the data behind the bottleneck
- Why establishing a Social License to Operate practice is critical
- Afghanistan and what it means for transnational Jihadi terrorism