Episode 93: Consumer outlook for Sub-Saharan Africa
Sub-Saharan Africa suffered a sharp economic contraction over the last year. Pandemic lockdowns, trade and supply chain disruptions, and employment disruptions had a marked impact on household and business wallets. In today’s episode, our SSA and PMI teams discuss the speed and magnitude of recovery across the region as countries begin to reopen despite the pandemic and slow vaccine rollouts. They will focus on our PMI data as they look at employment conditions, recovery efforts, and what this ultimately means for the consumer.
Recommended for you
- Episode 100: Semiconductor shortages cause ripples across markets
- Episode 99: The economic impact of unrest in South Africa
- Episode 98: The future of Afghanistan
- Episode 97: Ethiopian election - Impacts to ongoing conflict and economic growth
- Episode 96: The impact of the Delta Variant in Southern Africa
- Episode 95: Realistic Disaster Scenario - What if Latin America sees a surge in violent unrest?
- EnergyCents - Ep 42: Texas Forever: Why Houston will maintain its role as the world’s energy capital
- Episode 94: Volatility in building materials - A classic supply and demand story