Episode 93: Consumer outlook for Sub-Saharan Africa
Sub-Saharan Africa suffered a sharp economic contraction over the last year. Pandemic lockdowns, trade and supply chain disruptions, and employment disruptions had a marked impact on household and business wallets. In today’s episode, our SSA and PMI teams discuss the speed and magnitude of recovery across the region as countries begin to reopen despite the pandemic and slow vaccine rollouts. They will focus on our PMI data as they look at employment conditions, recovery efforts, and what this ultimately means for the consumer.
Recommended for you
- Lockdowns and labor issues – the next wave of PMI insights
- The power of politics: The influence of global elections in 2022
- Have metal prices reached a melting point?
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Recovery interrupted
- Ripples and waves - February signals broad-based improvements
- Electrical machinery: The next challenge in supply chain disruption
- Commodity pricing pressure: Top down and bottom up
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Regional vulnerability to rising interest rates