Episode 93: Consumer outlook for Sub-Saharan Africa
Sub-Saharan Africa suffered a sharp economic contraction over the last year. Pandemic lockdowns, trade and supply chain disruptions, and employment disruptions had a marked impact on household and business wallets. In today’s episode, our SSA and PMI teams discuss the speed and magnitude of recovery across the region as countries begin to reopen despite the pandemic and slow vaccine rollouts. They will focus on our PMI data as they look at employment conditions, recovery efforts, and what this ultimately means for the consumer.
Recommended for you
- Climate shifts - Unrest, policy, and growth
- Out of stock - Manufacturing in South East Asia
- Zambia’s election outcome
- What goes up for machinery...may not come down?
- Tunisia's struggles
- What our global manufacturing surveys are telling us
- Episode 100: Semiconductor shortages cause ripples across markets
- Episode 99: The economic impact of unrest in South Africa