Episode 43: Changing labor market and wage outlook in the wake of COVID-19
Changing labor market and wage outlook in the wake of COVID-19
Today’s episode is a timely discussion between Emily Crowley and Sophie Malin from our pricing and purchasing team. Building off their recently published construction and manufacturing wage studies, which looks at changes across the globe by sector, the two talk through what’s happening around the globe for wages, unemployment, and sector specific challenges. They set the stage talking about the unemployment numbers for March (US with depression-level numbers and Spain with numbers that are their largest yet to name two) and then take a deeper look into how specific sectors and countries are responding.
Recommended for you
- Episode 46: The impact of COVID-19 on the healthcare industry and policy decisions As countries and organizations start to reopen
- The economic impact of lockdown on the Asia Pacific economy
- Episode 47 : Sustainability-Linked Bonds
- Episode 45: Charismatic leadership during COVID-19
- Episode 42: The Lebanese Banking Sector - COVID-19's first financial sector casualty
- Episode 41: Country vulnerability and how this influences capital markets
- Episode 39: How low can metals prices go?
- Episode 40: Post COVID-19 debt sustainability