Episode 43: Changing labor market and wage outlook in the wake of COVID-19
Changing labor market and wage outlook in the wake of COVID-19
Today’s episode is a timely discussion between Emily Crowley and Sophie Malin from our pricing and purchasing team. Building off their recently published construction and manufacturing wage studies, which looks at changes across the globe by sector, the two talk through what’s happening around the globe for wages, unemployment, and sector specific challenges. They set the stage talking about the unemployment numbers for March (US with depression-level numbers and Spain with numbers that are their largest yet to name two) and then take a deeper look into how specific sectors and countries are responding.
Recommended for you
- Episode 60: Asia Pacific economic outlook shocks and impact on supply chains
- Episode 59: All that's silver is not gold... or is it?
- Episode 58: Lumber carrying its weight in price
- Episode 57: New policies for the Indian banking sector
- Episode 56: Brexit is coming
- Episode 55: Beirut Port Explosion- Impact, Outlook for Lebanese Economy & State Failure Risk
- Episode 54: USMCA free trade agreement one month in
- The economic outlook for India in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak