Episode 31: Capital Markets Weekly - Market sentiment taking a turn for the worse
02 March 2020 15:01 Brian LawsonAs COVID-19 concerns grow, conditions in markets have moved in a less-positive direction. This week, our capital markets expert, Brian Lawson, looks at how credit spreads have shifted sharply as corporate activity has changed in light of the spread of the virus. He discusses the direct influence that lost production and supply chain disruptions are having. But it's not all bad. In the second half of this episode, he turns to look at green investments including Tokyo electric power, Hong Kong's green sector expansion, and Egypt's plans to promote the sale of green bonds.
Recommended for you
- Episode 62: Capital Market trends
- Episode 61: What's happening in labor markets across Europe?
- Episode 60: Asia Pacific economic outlook shocks and impact on supply chains
- Episode 59: All that's silver is not gold... or is it?
- Episode 58: Lumber carrying its weight in price
- Episode 57: New policies for the Indian banking sector
- Episode 56: Brexit is coming
- Episode 55: Beirut Port Explosion- Impact, Outlook for Lebanese Economy & State Failure Risk