Episode 31: Capital Markets Weekly - Market sentiment taking a turn for the worse
02 March 2020 15:01 Brian LawsonAs COVID-19 concerns grow, conditions in markets have moved in a less-positive direction. This week, our capital markets expert, Brian Lawson, looks at how credit spreads have shifted sharply as corporate activity has changed in light of the spread of the virus. He discusses the direct influence that lost production and supply chain disruptions are having. But it's not all bad. In the second half of this episode, he turns to look at green investments including Tokyo electric power, Hong Kong's green sector expansion, and Egypt's plans to promote the sale of green bonds.
Recommended for you
- Episode 82: Sub-Saharan Africa debt relief - Is the international community doing enough?
- Episode 80: Steel markets - The big picture
- Episode 81: Sovereign level ESG in Latin America
- Episode 79: Covid-19 vaccine rollout across the Asia-Pacific region
- Episode 78: Box and board packaging prices feeling pressure
- Episode 77: China’s Economic Outlook in the Year of the Ox
- Supply Chain Diversification: Trade opportunities for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Episode 75: Geopolitics of Covid-19 Vaccine role out: Latin America