Episode 29: Capital Markets Weekly - A split week
This week, our capital markets expert, Brian Lawson, looks at a week filled with highs and lows. He starts with the highlights that include some very strong deals as well as improvements to the Icelandic banking market. He then turns to the less positive news around Argentine bond spreads and their extensive debt issue as well as what's unfolding in the Lebanon banking system.
You can read more about the Lebanese banking crisis in a recent piece by our banking risk expert, Gabrielle Ventura.
Recommended for you
- Lockdowns and labor issues – the next wave of PMI insights
- The power of politics: The influence of global elections in 2022
- Have metal prices reached a melting point?
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Recovery interrupted
- Ripples and waves - February signals broad-based improvements
- Electrical machinery: The next challenge in supply chain disruption
- Commodity pricing pressure: Top down and bottom up
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Regional vulnerability to rising interest rates