Episode 29: Capital Markets Weekly - A split week
This week, our capital markets expert, Brian Lawson, looks at a week filled with highs and lows. He starts with the highlights that include some very strong deals as well as improvements to the Icelandic banking market. He then turns to the less positive news around Argentine bond spreads and their extensive debt issue as well as what's unfolding in the Lebanon banking system.
You can read more about the Lebanese banking crisis in a recent piece by our banking risk expert, Gabrielle Ventura.
Recommended for you
- Episode 43: Changing labor market and wage outlook in the wake of COVID-19
- Episode 42: The Lebanese Banking Sector - COVID-19's first financial sector casualty
- Episode 41: Country vulnerability and how this influences capital markets
- Episode 39: How low can metals prices go?
- Episode 40: Post COVID-19 debt sustainability
- Episode 38: Emerging market sovereign default risk - and international moves to avoid them
- Escalating economic shockwaves from Covid-19 in the Asia-Pacific region
- Episode 36: European Green Deal - Weathering Covid-19