Beyond banking - The possibilities provided by blockchain technology in Sub-Saharan Africa
Fintech is a major force shaping the structure of the financial industry in Sub-Saharan Africa and it is rapidly changing the competitive landscape. Blockchain technologies specifically have shown great promise to solve issues around access to banking, money, and mortgages. Across the continent, it’s also transforming access to energy, education, and even healthcare. Is it too good to be true? Should Central Banks race to use digital currency? What should we be thinking about around socio-economic change, data protection, accountability, regulations, and policy? Our analysts talk through this complex issue.
Recommended for you
- The power of politics: The influence of global elections in 2022
- Have metal prices reached a melting point?
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Recovery interrupted
- Ripples and waves - February signals broad-based improvements
- Electrical machinery: The next challenge in supply chain disruption
- Commodity pricing pressure: Top down and bottom up
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Regional vulnerability to rising interest rates
- Geostrategy 2022-Risks on the Horizon