Episode 55: Beirut Port Explosion- Impact, Outlook for Lebanese Economy & State Failure Risk
Join experts from both our Economics & Country Risk and Maritime & Trade teams as they provide an overview of the situation in Lebanon in the wake of the explosion. Our team walks you through the damage to the port and how many vessels have been damaged or destroyed; how much this damages Lebanon's ability to import, even if it didn't have the dollar crisis in play; and the impact to state failure risks and economy. We close out with discussion around what this means for Lebanon's neighbors and civil war risks.
Rebecka Freeman, Country Risk Analyst, Economics & Country Risk
Recommended for you
- Lockdowns and labor issues – the next wave of PMI insights
- The Age of Food Scarcity: Understanding the economic, political and business implications of declining food supplies
- The power of politics: The influence of global elections in 2022
- Have metal prices reached a melting point?
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Recovery interrupted
- Ripples and waves - February signals broad-based improvements
- Electrical machinery: The next challenge in supply chain disruption
- Commodity pricing pressure: Top down and bottom up