Episode 55: Beirut Port Explosion- Impact, Outlook for Lebanese Economy & State Failure Risk
Join experts from both our Economics & Country Risk and Maritime & Trade teams as they provide an overview of the situation in Lebanon in the wake of the explosion. Our team walks you through the damage to the port and how many vessels have been damaged or destroyed; how much this damages Lebanon's ability to import, even if it didn't have the dollar crisis in play; and the impact to state failure risks and economy. We close out with discussion around what this means for Lebanon's neighbors and civil war risks.
Rebecka Freeman, Country Risk Analyst, Economics & Country Risk
Recommended for you
- Zambia’s election outcome
- What goes up for machinery...may not come down?
- Tunisia's struggles
- What our global manufacturing surveys are telling us
- Episode 100: Semiconductor shortages cause ripples across markets
- Episode 99: The economic impact of unrest in South Africa
- Episode 98: The future of Afghanistan
- Episode 97: Ethiopian election - Impacts to ongoing conflict and economic growth