Episode 55: Beirut Port Explosion- Impact, Outlook for Lebanese Economy & State Failure Risk
Join experts from both our Economics & Country Risk and Maritime & Trade teams as they provide an overview of the situation in Lebanon in the wake of the explosion. Our team walks you through the damage to the port and how many vessels have been damaged or destroyed; how much this damages Lebanon's ability to import, even if it didn't have the dollar crisis in play; and the impact to state failure risks and economy. We close out with discussion around what this means for Lebanon's neighbors and civil war risks.
Rebecka Freeman, Country Risk Analyst, Economics & Country Risk
Recommended for you
- Episode 84: Lumber climbs sky-high
- Episode 82: Sub-Saharan Africa debt relief - Is the international community doing enough?
- Episode 80: Steel markets - The big picture
- Episode 81: Sovereign level ESG in Latin America
- Episode 79: Covid-19 vaccine rollout across the Asia-Pacific region
- Episode 78: Box and board packaging prices feeling pressure
- Episode 77: China’s Economic Outlook in the Year of the Ox
- Supply Chain Diversification: Trade opportunities for Sub-Saharan Africa