Episode 55: Beirut Port Explosion- Impact, Outlook for Lebanese Economy & State Failure Risk
Join experts from both our Economics & Country Risk and Maritime & Trade teams as they provide an overview of the situation in Lebanon in the wake of the explosion. Our team walks you through the damage to the port and how many vessels have been damaged or destroyed; how much this damages Lebanon's ability to import, even if it didn't have the dollar crisis in play; and the impact to state failure risks and economy. We close out with discussion around what this means for Lebanon's neighbors and civil war risks.
Rebecka Freeman, Country Risk Analyst, Economics & Country Risk
Recommended for you
- Chemical reactions: Buying conditions in 2022
- A Year of transitions: Top-10 Economic Predictions for 2022
- Sub-Saharan Africa challenges for 2022. Could it be more challenging than 2021?
- Get your money's worth: Using PMI data to assess currency valuation
- Tariff redux: Section 232
- Hey big spender: Infrastructure
- Semiconductor shortage : Examining the data behind the bottleneck
- Why establishing a Social License to Operate practice is critical