Afghanistan and what it means for transnational Jihadi terrorism
Having defeated the Afghan government militarily and negotiated the departure of foreign forces from the country, the Taliban’s focus is now on forming a government, demonstrating governance capability, and securing international recognition. However, recent Islamic State attacks underline growing terrorism risks and tensions in the region and hint at great challenges ahead. Get the complete story of what is unfolding across the region.
Recommended for you
- Have metal prices reached a melting point?
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Recovery interrupted
- Ripples and waves - February signals broad-based improvements
- Electrical machinery: The next challenge in supply chain disruption
- Commodity pricing pressure: Top down and bottom up
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Regional vulnerability to rising interest rates
- Geostrategy 2022-Risks on the Horizon
- Irregular migration