Episode 73: When will APAC economy recover? A regional outlook for 2021
With the worst economic contraction in recent history (-1.5%) in 2020, the Asia Pacific region is poised for 5.7% y/y growth in 2021—that is, assuming we see a successful vaccine roll out and a slowing in Covid-19 cases. But, recovery is not without its bumps. 2021 promises to be a year of uncertainty and the of pace of the recovery will be differentiated across the region. Join our Chief Asia Pacific Economist, Rajiv Biswas, in today’s episode to gain an understanding of the regional economic recovery. He provides a deep look at China, Japan, and India; discusses sector recovery; and most critically, provides his analysis of the impact the restructuring of the manufacturing supply chain will have on future growth.
Recommended for you
- Episode 82: Sub-Saharan Africa debt relief - Is the international community doing enough?
- Episode 80: Steel markets - The big picture
- Episode 81: Sovereign level ESG in Latin America
- Episode 79: Covid-19 vaccine rollout across the Asia-Pacific region
- Episode 78: Box and board packaging prices feeling pressure
- Episode 77: China’s Economic Outlook in the Year of the Ox
- Supply Chain Diversification: Trade opportunities for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Episode 75: Geopolitics of Covid-19 Vaccine role out: Latin America