Why driverless cars will never roam Roman roads
In this week’s episode of Autology, we discuss how and when autonomous vehicles will penetrate markets, understanding things such as technical, regional and consumer acceptance challenges.
Vehicle-to-everything (V2X) has gained momentum over the years and OEMs are keen to upgrade cars with more advanced safety features. Ubiquitous connectivity is expected to accelerate the roll out of autonomous vehicles, which will play an integral part of future smart cities.
In order to get there, automotive industry players and municipalities need to understand how to bring people, technology and policy together.
And even if the latter two challenges can be overcome, consumer acceptance might remain the biggest hurdle yet–points that are explored in the podcast, alongside when and where autonomous vehicles are expected to take off first.
We’d love to hear your thoughts on this episode at our firstname.lastname@example.org email – and you can find out much more across the autotechinsight.ihsmarkit.com website.
Don’t forget to hit all the subscribe, follow and like buttons to stay on track with the latest Autology podcasts!
Recommended for you
- 5G on wheels - Revolution or evolution?
- "Hey Siri, ask Alexa to turn on my fog lights"
- Formula E - Fast tracking the car tech of tomorrow
- Fuel For Thought [S3|E5] - Retail revolution – Real or not?
- Autology trailer
- Fuel For Thought [S3|E4] - Vehicle loyalty grows in share and importance; Some brands top 60%
- Fuel For Thought [S3|E3] - The New Map – Charting the Future
- Fuel For Thought [S3|E2] - Market dynamics in the first year of the pandemic